About this position
Recruitment takes place until the vacancy is filled.
Hours a week: 36
We are looking for two self-motivated postdocs with a strong interest in working in a flagship multidisciplinary project between Erasmus MC and TU Delft, supported by the Convergence initiative. The project Architecting a Scalable and Secure Database for Patient-data is part of the ErasmusMC-TUD Convergence flagship My Digital Twin. This project aims at creating a patient-controlled extensible, secure and scalable architecture for patient data and the hardware platform for feeding continuous vital-sign data to the platform. All data that will be collected will be imported in the data model created by Project 1, creating a complete, scalable database of patient data. The main deliverables will be a working GDPR-compliant prototype of the platform with contents, an API that can be used in order to retrieve and store data, and a vital-signs monitoring hardware platform for continuous monitoring of patients and enriching/updating the database with live data.
Qualification and skills
TU-Delft - Postdoc (1 year) :
- PhD degree preferably in computer science with a background in information systems, with database design and implementation experience
Erasmus MC – PostDoc (2 years):
- PhD degree and strong background in Biomedical Informatics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or (Bio)statistics
- Proven expertise in programming
- Able to drive own research agenda
- Able to work independently and supervise projects/PhD students where needed.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required
The postdocs should have a deep interest in the convergence of health sciences, physical sciences, and engineering to foster individual health and keep the healthcare system sustainable. They will work closely with the supervisors, Principal investigators and Collaborating investigators of the project to conduct high calibre research. They are also encouraged to initiate and lead collaborative work with other postdocs within the Convergence for health(care) initiative. Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
Architecting a Scalable and Secure Database for Patient-data
Prof. Johan van der Lei