About this position
Recruitment takes place until the vacancy is filled.
Hours a week: 36
We are looking for two self-motivated postdocs with a strong interest in working in a flagship multidisciplinary project between Erasmus MC and TU Delft, supported by the Convergence initiative.
The goal of this project is to identify and integrate various sources of patient and research data within the Erasmus MC. A core challenge of that integration is to derive a common data model covering all data aspects of these sources which will then be transformed according to that model. The result will be Holistic Patient files, covering a given patient in great detail. This detailed data - the Digital Twin - can then later be used to power sophisticated analytics for supporting preventive and corrective care. In addition, a sub-goal is to integrate external patient data such as patient files from general practitioners and the pharmacy.
Qualifications and skills
Postdoc position 1
- Medical doctor (MD) who has a PhD in Medicine or a related discipline
- Knowledge of health care data management
- Affinity with data-analytics and statistics.
- Experience with the implementation of GDPR in health care and -research settings is appreciated.
Postdoc position 2
- PhD which specialized in or made heavy use of Data Management techniques (databases, (medical) data management, semantic web, data integration, big data, data analytics, etc.).
The postdocs should have a deep interest in the convergence of health sciences, physical sciences, and engineering to foster individual health and keep the healthcare system sustainable. They will work closely with the supervisors, Principal investigators and Collaborating investigators of the project to conduct high calibre research. They are also encouraged to initiate and lead collaborative work with other postdocs within the Convergence for health(care) initiative. Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
Patient-data Tracking, Collection and Modelling
Prof. Ir. Eric Boersma